2018 Chrysler Pacifica – The Perfect Family Car
For the 2018 model year, Chrysler took the hot-selling and feature-laden Pacifica and made the family-oriented vehicle even better. With a range of thoughtful features that come standard on this year’s model as well as those designed to help the driver maintain safety, this 2018 model year promises to offer plenty for consumers to get excited about.
As the ideal family vehicle — it offers seating for either seven or eight, depending on if the optional second-row middle seat is chosen — the Pacifica comes with a long list of safety features including:
- Four full sets of LATCH connectors for child safety seats
- Blind spot monitoring
- Rear and front parking sensors with automatic braking
- Rear cross traffic alert
- Rearview camera
- Optional adaptive cruise control
- Available lane keep assist
- Optional parking camera system that offers 360-degree views
- Available automatic parking
- Optional forward collision warning
- Available automatic forward braking
While safety is a primary concern in family vehicles, the comfort and availability of other interior features that focus on a family’s busy life are also important. Here, too, the 2018 Chrysler Pacifica offers plenty of thoughtful and well-planned standard and optional features that promise to make every drive in the minivan both memorable and comfortable.
- High-quality materials throughout the interior for long-lasting good looks
- Quiet cabin even when achieving highway speeds
- 32 cubic feet of cargo space with rear seats up
- 140 cubic feet of cargo space with both the second and third rows folded down
- Uconnect infotainment system that includes Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, Bluetooth, Uconnect Access, a USB port and a seven-inch touchscreen
- Optional rear-seat DVD player
- Available 10-inch touchscreens for the rear seats
- Optional tri-pane panoramic sunroof
- Available upgrades to the Uconnect system including navigation and an 8.4-inch touchscreen
What Do The Experts Say About the 2018 Chrysler Pacifica?
The value and safety features of the 2018 Chrysler Pacifica haven’t escaped the notice of those organizations that dole out awards and accolades either. U.S. News and World Report — a source for unbiased reviews of everything from vehicles to colleges — named the minivan as a finalist in its award for the “2018 Best Minivan for the Money.” J.D. Power and Associates gave the Pacifica an award for the minivan’s initial quality. In 2017, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS), an independent organization that tests vehicle safety, gave the 2018 Chrysler Pacifica its Top Safety Pick award because the vehicle passed each crash test with flying colors. In yet another nod to the minivan’s safety, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) announced that it had been awarded a perfect rating of five stars for its overall crash results.